Code of Conduct
Code of conduct for members, guests, and staff of The Kelvin Club:
This code of conduct is intended to create a safe and respectful environment for all members, guests, and staff of the club, and to promote the smooth functioning of the Kelvin Club’s operations.
- Respect and Courtesy: All members, guests, and staff are expected to treat each other with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times. Discrimination or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations: All members, guests, and staff must comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the club and its operations, including but not limited to laws related to alcohol consumption, health and safety, and anti-discrimination.
- The Responsible Service of Alcohol compliance is a requirement of the Club licence and therefore a legal obligation
- Kelvin Club staff obligations are clearly outlined in the training program of the Reponsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) accreditation https://www.vic.gov.au/responsible-service-alcohol-training
- The Committee of Management responsibility is to uphold the law in relation this responsible service of alcohol with a particular focus on support for staff.
- Rule 9 of the Club Rules will be enforced:
(1). Subject to these Rules, if the Committee is of the opinion that a member has refused or neglected to comply with these Rules, or has been guilty of conduct unbecoming of a member or prejudicial to the interests of the Club, the Committee may by resolution
- fine that member an amount not exceeding $500; or
- suspend that member from membership of the Club for a specified period; or
- expel that member from the Club.
- Conduct unbecoming includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidation or threat
- Inappropriate language
- Non-compliance with directions from staff
- Rude and disrespectful behaviour
- Threatening behaviour
- Making or writing a statement with intent to offend, humiliate, threaten
- Any other behaviour deemed to be detrimental to the interests of the staff, members and guests of The Kelvin Club
- Use of Club Facilities: Members and guests are expected to use the club’s facilities and equipment responsibly and with care, and to respect the privacy and property of other members, guests, and staff. Any damage or misuse of the facilities or equipment may result in disciplinary action and/or financial liability.
- Dress Code: Members and guests must adhere to the club’s dress code, which will be clearly outlined by the club management. Staff must also dress appropriately for their assigned roles and duties.
- Prohibition on Solicitation and Advertising: Members, guests, and staff are prohibited from soliciting or advertising products or services within the club premises, except with prior permission from club management.
- Confidentiality: All members, guests, and staff must maintain confidentiality with respect to any sensitive or confidential information they may come across during their association with the club.
- Use of Electronic Devices: Members, guests, and staff are requested to limit the use of electronic devices within the club premises, and to use them in a manner that does not cause disruption or disturbance to others.
- Compliance with Club Policies: All members, guests, and staff are expected to comply with the club’s policies and procedures, which will be clearly communicated to them by club management.
- Disciplinary Action: Any breach of this code of conduct may result in disciplinary action, which may include revocation of membership, suspension of access to the club, and/or termination of employment for staff.